Recycling Options


Contact Us

Hours: Mon - Fri, 8am to 5pm
Contact: Administration

Douglas County Recycling Options

Douglas County offers four recycling drop-off sites to serve residents the unincorporated areas of the County. Residents who live within incorporated areas may have curbside options available. Read on for the options available to you.  

Drop-Off Recycling Bins

Drop-Off Bin Locations

Douglas County offers drop-off recycling bins in the unincorporated areas of the County. The sites are serviced on Tuesday and Thursday of each week. The four locations in the unincorporated area are:

At each of the locations, there are containers for mixed materials (all glass, plastic, paper, cans, etc.) and containers for cardboard only. 

The drop-off recycling bins are available for Douglas County residents. Businesses can contact Honey Creek Disposal Services for commercial recycling services (they currently do not have a website).


Bin Locations Map

Notice the recycling icons on map

Drop-Off Bins - Accepted Materials

The following materials can be placed in the drop off bins located around the County:

(All of these items can be mixed together)


  • Newspaper
  • Office paper
  • Envelopes
  • Junk mail
  • Magazines
  • Catalogs
  • Telephone books
  • Cardboard
  • Chipboard
  • Milk/Juice cartons


  • Aluminum cans
  • Steel (tin) food and beverage cans


  • Glass bottles and jars


  • Rigid plastics (#1-7)
  • Plastic bottles
  • Dairy containers
  • Yogurt cups
  • Deli or salad bar clamshells

Curbside Recycling

City of Lawrence

The City of Lawrence Solid Waste Division provides a single-stream recycling collection service for single-family and multi-family customers. Single-stream recycling means all permitted recyclable materials may be combined at your house and set out for collection in a single recycling container.  Learn more at the City of Lawrence's Recycling Page.

City of Baldwin City

Baldwin City began offering a curbside recycling option to residents in 2013.  Recyclables can be co-mingled in the plastic bins and customers can put overflow in plastic garbage bags for pickup.  The service will take paper, cardboard, cans, and plastic. Items not accepted include glass, styrofoam, and scrap metal. Learn more: City of Baldwin City's Recycling Page.  

City of Eudora

Honey Creek Disposal offers curbside recycling for Eudora residents.  Learn more at: The City of Eudora's Recycling Page.

Recyclable Materials Directory

Looking for how to recycle other items (i.e. batteries, cell phones, tires, etc.)?  Check out the City of Lawrence's Recyclable Materials Directory.  The Directory provides a list of commonly-recycled materials and where they can be taken.

In addition, the Directory provides a list of private recycling companies and drop-off centers that are available to all County residents.

New Hampshire Office

1006 New Hampshire Street
Lawrence, KS 66044
United States

1006 New Hampshire Building